At the end of this workshop participants will:
- Understand what actually constitutes communication
- Know what the barriers to communication are
- Learn how to confirm information and not “miss the memo”
- What is non-verbal communication and why it is important in the message
- Understand what the consequences are with electronic communications
- Know how non-communication wastes time and keeps other people at bay
- Learn skills that will ensure communication is complete
What Constitutes Communication
What is communication?
What is the intent of communicating?
Why is communicating everything we say, and how we say it, everything we do……..?
What communication is NOT!
Seek first to understand
Drawbacks to electronic communications
Why use electronic communications
What is intent of electronic devices
Barriers to communication
What are they, both visible and invisible?
Show awareness of others
What does timing have to do with it?
Beware of assumptions
Questions – the real power of good communications
Questioning to the void
The most dangerous question – WHY?
The fine art of listening
Confirming the answer – when to write things down
Make sure communication is complete
Confirm all parties have the same understanding
Don’t assume – we know what that can mean!